WELCOME

READ, REACT, RESPOND.



Saturday, December 25, 2010

WERE YOU? – (A Poem written on a lonely day)

I sat alone today and looked around to see
Were you going to just stop in and sit a while with me
Were you coming by to visit me at all today
Or were you simply just going to stay away

I did my daily chores and looked again outside
Were you coming by for just a while to sit along beside
Were you trying to get me to survive the distance I feel from you
Or have you better things than seeing me to do

I turned on the music and sang songs for you to hear
Were you going to stop and lend a listening ear
Were you making me sit and work through being sad
Or were you not coming by because for some reason you are mad

I sat to write and you kept entering my mind
Were you going to stop by here to see what you might find
Were you just letting me fight the urge I had to cry
Or were you proving to me that alone I was not going to die

I did all I could all day long to make myself grin and smile
Were you watching me to see if I could go that extra mile
Were you pleased with the efforts that I have made
Or were you hoping for more as you watched me from the shade

I turned my face to heaven and said a little prayer
Were you going to come out at all to show me that you care
Were you going to wrap your arms around me tight
Or were you going to just gently kiss me good night.

I knew that you were watching me every second of this day
You were simply guiding me each and every step of the way
You were right beside me holding tightly to my hand
I knew I would make it because you helped me understand


_______________________________________________________________
As my journey took me through my first Holiday season alone in the city, I found many things to do to occupy my time.  Though I had those moments of sadness and wonder, I found that if I kept moving, and kept busy, GOD was right here guiding me through every step.  I know there are going to be days like these as this journey continues, but I know that even though I may be physically lonely, I am never truly alone.  GOD has blessed me with many great friends, and he blessed us all by sending is only son for each of us on this day.  I am glad I was able to spend this day “alone” in the city with GOD by my side guiding me through every step of the way. 

No comments: