WELCOME

READ, REACT, RESPOND.



Monday, February 13, 2012

VALENTINES AND HEARTS

At this time last year I was entering into a new relationship with an amazing guy.  My life was looking up and all seemed to be heading in the right direction.  Now, one year later, we are still together and things are going so well with us.  The twins think the world of him, and he cherishes them so much.  I could not be happier with the progression of our relationship.  When we met I could  not have imagined that we would have gotten so close so quickly.  We connected instantly, and we are inseparable to this day.  I can not imagine my life without him in it now.  It amazes me how one year has made us so strong and so in love.  Last Valentine's day we had only been together for a few days, now we are celebrating one year together, and looking forward to what the next year has in store for us.  He has been here for me through many rough times in this past year, and he continues to hold my hand and stand by me as I go through the heart break that exists in my life right now.  I could not have been as strong as I have needed to be this past few months had he not been here keeping me going.  He makes me see things clearly, and he helps me talk through situations as they arise.  We hold each other's hands and help one another through anything that arises and that is what makes ours a strong and special relationship.  There are those who still scoff and judge, but they have no idea what we go through together, and how our hearts have bonded to one another.

There are those who have turned their back on me, and those who continue to talk behind my back, but I know that for each of them there is another who supports and encourages me. These who support me and encourage me along the way are my HEARTS.  As I celebrate Valentine's day this year, I celebrate the HEARTS in my life.

Here are the HEARTS I celebrate as I look at my life.

HEART #1 - My wonderful partner -  He is here for me through everything, and I know that the love we share is the kind of love that will last a lifetime.

HEART #2 - My amazing children - These twin boys are the strongest, most resilient 11 year-olds I know.  They have been through so much with their mother and I, and our new relationships.  They have been through so much with the recent stresses of our family situation, yet they never fail to smile and amaze me and make me smile with pride.

HEART #3 - Friendship - I have some of the most amazing friends.  From lifelong friends to the new friends I am making everyday.  They are all so supportive and full of encouragement and acceptance.

HEART #4 - Family - It may seem ironic to some that I post this one right now, but without my family I would not be where I am today.

HEART #5 - School - My colleagues and my students make every day at work worth every second.

So, as I celebrate Valentine's Day this year, I am celebrating the LOVE that I feel from the HEARTS in my life.  Everyone one of them is an important force in who I am and who I continue to be.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Just want to say congrats on one year, it seems like we both started new relationships at the same time last year. I was really happy that I got to work with you in your class. For that I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for everything. For being a coach, a friend, and hopefully a future colleague.